Monday 3 February 2014

20 Questions with Author, Cindy Mitchell


This month we meet author, Cindy Mitchell



20 Questions

1. What are you best known for?

I really don’t know to be honest. I suppose many people would know me for having long hair (I have no idea why this is such a big deal, but people often mention it to me!)  Having a lot of animals and making awesome sugar cookies. I have to presume that when I say ‘I’m a writer’, most people think it’s my hobby and not something I am trying to pursue as a career!

2. How did you get involved in your line of work?

 I have been writing since I was able to as a small child. My mom used to bind my books with birthday wrapping paper and string. In my ‘other’ life, I am a small farmer & I have been doing that since 2010.

3. What advice would you give someone just starting out in the same line of work?

 If you want to be a writer, you really just have to start writing. It really is that simple – there is no right or wrong way to do it.

4. What was your last project?

My last project I suppose would be my first published project, ‘Eve’. All my other work is in progress.

5. What’s next?

As my book is the first in a series, the next book will be a vampire novel and will center around a character we met in ‘Eve’ called ‘Olivia’, who is a near 1000 year old Vampire.

6. Name a person in the same line of work as you who you admire

Oh, I suppose I’d have to say the author of this blog now, wouldn’t I? *wink* Or a mutual friend Romany Rivers. Both have been indispensable in offering sage advice on this publishing lark and writing as  a whole.

7. What one thing would you do if you knew that you could not fail?

I’d love to learn a musical instrument actually. I’ve tried before and I’m terrible at it.

8. How do you want to be remembered?

I think just as a good person who was loved. You can’t ask much more than that, can you?

9. What do you love/enjoy most about your work?

 I love that I love it. Being able to do something you love for a living is a wonderful thing. In my case, I get to do two things I am passionate about. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life” - Confucius.

10. What was the strangest or funniest incident you've experienced?

My father used to be a truck driver & delivered almost daily to a place where Andrew’s father used to work, almost 20 years before we met.

11. What do you do in your spare time?

In my spare time I watch movies & TV with my family, read, spend time with my fur-babies and learn how to be self sufficient. I’ve learned to make much of my own beauty/home/cleaning products & I’m currently building up the courage to make soap.

12. Who inspires you?

 I’m inspired by loads of people, too many to mention. My friends & family inspire me the most. Authors inspire me in that even as the world goes more digital, some people never give up and are successful even in a world that is turning against their medium.

13. Describe yourself in 3 words

Writer. Farmer. Life-student.

14. Favourite colour

Purple

15. If you could have dinner with any 3 people alive or dead who would they be?

Stephen King. My brother. Shakespeare.

16. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?

Leftovers, lots of cheese, mason jars and every kind of condiment you can imagine.

17. What is the last book you read?  

The last book I completed was ‘The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest’.

18. What is next to your bed at the moment?  

A lamp, the book I am reading, a box of tissues, a tin of lip-balm, hand lotion,  and an alarm clock

19. What would your one “can’t live without it” item be?

My laptop. Or cheese.

20. Favourite Season

Autumn, for sure. The colours, the ever-changing weather and the general atmosphere. Always makes for good writing days!

************

Author Bio:

C.M. Mitchell is a part time writer and part time small farmer. She was born in Ontario, Canada; lived in the UK for fifteen years before moving back home where she resides on a small farm in Quebec.
She has worked a range of jobs, but has always concentrated on writing and learning about genealogy, history, literature and most anything she can learn about living a self sufficient life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment